Sunday, November 23, 2008

THAT woman

When you work in retail you get used to people watching and watching their behavior is the most fasinating. Like THAT woman that comes into the store on average 3 times a week and tries on ARMLOADS of clothes, out of which she will usually purchase the 3 cheapest things she tried on claiming "These are the only things that I could get to fit me." Really? Cause when they were full price you said you hated them, huh. She dresses up with the jewels and the hair done and flashed the VERY LONG FINGERNAILS and emits an odor of perfume so strong it barely masks her desperation. She leaves the fitting room in tatters, is incredibly rude, and returns most of what she buys. I think maybe she HAD money and maybe doesn't anymore. I would be sympathetic but in order to make herself feel better she comes into the store to treat other people like shit. It gives her some knd of rush. I understand the women that come into the store and try things on that they maybe can't afford to buy. They lust after them, wait for them to go on sale, and ARE SO DAMN HAPPY when they finally get them for a bargain.

But those people are happy. And nice. They admit that something is too expensive. THAT woman tears down the clothes and the store and the staff and ends up buying the jacket anyway when it hits $14.99. I can't stand her attitude. She buys and returns like it's an Olympic sport and she is reaching for the gold. And the ENTITLMENT. As I mentioned before, she is in the store three times a week, yet she will hold onto an item until the return by date has come and gone. And then throws a hissy fit (and by hissy I mean HHHIIIISSSSYYYY fit) about "I am a great customer, why don't you make an exception, I want to talk to the manager, I am so unhappy, I spend so much money here, Blah, Blah, Blah" We have this awesome tracking system at work that calculates the purchases and returns and total net spending by each customer. This is used to determine if someone actually is a good customer. And when I pull up your history and I see that in the past year you have purchsed $1,600 from us BUT! have returned $1,530, you are NOT considered a good customer. We are just a place for you to work out the psychological bullshit you have about your lifestyle.

So when I point out that you have returned almost everything you have ever bought and that you have been in the store 17 times since you made that purchase and you had every opportunity to bring it back and I can not make an exception for you, I hope you know that if you were just the tiniest bit humble, I probably would have helped you. But since you are such a cunt, I won't.

No comments: