Monday, November 17, 2008

New Hair

So this is my old hair.






And this is my new hair.



When I cut my hair this morning I was totally happy. Seeing that massive amount of hair sitting on the ground was a big relief. I had forced myself to let it grow out past my shoulders and I did. When I got in the shower and it took half the time because I wasn't washing that horse's mane I called hair. I used 1/4 of the styling products I normally used to tame that beast and it only took 5 minutes to blow dry. (With the long hair? 25 min to be completely dry and never mind the styling part that comes after it is dry.) Every time I have caught a glimpse of myself I was happy.

Until I went to post my old pic did I have moment of uncertainty. I thought "Oh my god, I can't believe I didn't cut it for almost a year and just sheared it all off." But then I thought about what I was thinking when I took that other picture. My hair was frizzy from not being dried properly. I hadn't styled my bangs correctly so I had them slapped back with some bobby pins. Plus my hair was heavy and brittle from all the blow drying. And then I feel my new haircut and sigh that I am still happy with my hair.

Now that winter is almost here I will not have to get up an extra 2 hours early. (One for removing the fucking snow from my car and another to get my hair dry and styled. You can get away with wet head in summer; winter in New England? Not so much) Maybe my headaches won't be so bad if I don't have 10 pounds of hair pulling at the roots. Maybe I'll take better care of it now.

No comments: