Thursday, November 6, 2008

New York City

This past weekend I was in NYC. I only had a day and I decided to spend it at the MET. Last time I went to NYC I asked my step-father for a recommendation on which museum I should visit. I have a slight (huge) obsession with ancient Egyptian culture and wanted to know what he thought since he was born and raised and New York. He recommended the Museum of Natural History. Which, those of you have been there, does NOT have an ancient Egyptian display.

Needless to say I was VERY disappointed. So I researched ahead of time and was on my way. I was meeting a friend later on that day so I had to navigate by myself. So I take the train from LI to Penn station. Subway to 81st St. And there apparently there is a cross-town bus that will take you right to the museum. But it wasn't running. Because the NYC marathon was happening that day. FUCK.

Luckily, where you get off the train is right in front of the park. The cop was the one that explained that the buses weren't running. BUT! I could cut through Central Park and it would be 2 blocks on my left.

View walking thru the park!!



No comments: