Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The First Post

So this is my first post to my new blog. I had another one that was "Confessions of a Retail Store Manager" but A. It was REALLY long and B. It limited the things I could bitch about. You know, who wants to hear about the random things I did in New York or how I almost got into a fist fight at the coffee counter when someone thought they could cut me off. Sure, those are all ANNOYING things, but nothing to do with retail. Especially since the previous title makes it sounds like I would be giving tips on how to get around store policies and rip off stores, when it was actually a place for me to vent about how much I hated the people that come into my store on a daily basis and try to walk all over me. (Please note: try) Like when a lady that had called the store the day before to verify the return policy came in the next day and claimed she didn't know the return policy. (For future reference, if you are going to attempt this, don't give the person on the phone your name, where you live, and how long it takes you to get to the store and then REPEAT ALL THOSE THINGS IN THE STORE AS AN EXCUSE FOR WHY YOU DIDN'T KNOW THE POLICY. Employees talk, and yes, we remember you.)

So there will still be bitching about my work. What fun would this be without it? But you will get to hear equally funny stories about how I struggle to not kick all the people I encounter on a daily basis that drive me totally insane.

No comments: