Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Road Rage

So people are generally annoying, yes? There are times when you are walking and someone who is walking in front of you just stops short and you PLOW into them because you were not aware that they were stopped? And then they look at you like YOU are the asshole for crashing into them when they are the ones that stopped short? And you want to be like "hey pal, take a pill or something, that was your fault?" Most of the time I just come back to work or home and share my stories of "oh my god you will not BELIEVE what just happened to me!" and it's funny.

BUT!

There are times when people's stupidity can actually put me in jeopardy. And those are those times I see red and you do not want to be on the receiving end of my RED.

The day before, I was driving to an appointment with the guy that helps me work out all my crazy. I see there is an ambulance and I pull over. There is a car right behind it flying along the very icy roads and I don't think too much of it. Maybe "Oh, that's sad." because I've ridden behind ambulances before and it's not fun. But apparently this guy was just a dick in a hurry to get to the grocery store. As I started to drive off he was still booking ahead behind ambulance. When out of nowhere! He slams on his breaks. And stops his car. In the middle of the road. I have anti-lock brakes so whenever I slam on my brakes it feels like the car is just going to shatter into a million pieces. So I come within an inch of his bumper (remember! road is icy!) and I had been laying on my horn to be all "Excuse me sir, do you not see my car barreling towards you? could you maybe move over 3 inches?" And when my car finally does stop, this piece o shit turns in his seat and is looking at me like "stupid bitch driver" what with his hands waiving and yelling and his face contorted in a mask of rage.

And all I can think is "really? you think YOU'RE MAD?" Now I look like a normal person, but both my psychologist and I know that isn't true. When I get mad like THIS the guy retelling the story later will be like "Satan came to life in the form of a girl in a cardigan sweater, and she kicked me until she was sure I would need a kidney transplant."

No comments: