Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh the holly jolly season

I'm sitting at a Panara Bread using their Internet to try and get my homework done. But everyone else here is using the Internet so it's very sllloooowww and that just won't do. Also, my computer wasn't really charged and ALL the outlets are occupied. And since the staff at Panara are too busy feeling each other up to enforce the whole "if someone is waiting for a table and you've been here more than 1/2 an hour please move" policy, I am not going to get anything done. Plus it's really hard to concentrate here. Not really because of the people because I put in my headphones to tune them out. But there is one disgruntled employee that has taken out his anger for having to work at Panara in the first place by SLAMMING the cabinet doors where the supplies are kept under the soda machine every time he has to open one. Which apparently is once every 30 seconds. And this isn't a normal SLAM! either. After the 3rd time the SLAM! made me leap out of my seat I looked at him the next time he walked by. Imagine someone bringing their arm back back behind their head and swinging it forward like they were about to bitch-slap the piece of shit that just ran over your dog. Or knocked up your woman. Or took the last mother-fucking straw and you have to refill the straw holder for the TENTH TIME TODAY!

SSSSSSSLLLLLLLAAAAAAAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, he must feel really good about it but I am one more slam away from an anxiety attack. How am I the only one bothered by this? Where is his boss? Oh yeah, he has just come back from his 4th trip to Market Basket since I've been here to purchase bread for Panara BREADS sandwiches.

Two things:

1) Part of the allure of Panara is their delicious bread. So if they are running over to the grocery store to pay $1.50 for a loaf of bread that they will then slap on a $7 sandwich, it kinda feels like a jip. Like, if I wanted that shit bread I would just go home and take it out of my cabinet.

2) Massachusetts just went through an ICE STORM. Hundreds of thousands still don't have power and have to sustain themselves and their families on dry food (Like BREAD) until their power comes on and they can cook again. Doesn't it seem really shitty that a place that is capable of BAKING THEIR OWN BREAD is raping the grocery store out of all of their cheap bread? And then people who went to the grocery store for bread that they no longer have, now have to come over to Panara and pay $7 for some schmuck that slams cabinets to make them a sandwich on that shitty bread?

No comments: