Friday, December 5, 2008

Fat is Contagious You know

I work in a plus-sized women's clothing store. I LOVE when "thin" women come in and make a big production about how they don't shop at this store. They are here shopping for someone else. Who is not them. Because they are not fat. (I say "thin" in parentheses because we start at a size 14. Which is not fat. And sometimes the women that come in are at least a 14, if not a 16, which is typically carried in stores that do not sell exclusively to plus size women) And I really, really, get off telling them, WELL YOU COULD SHOP HERE! And I see the panic spread across their face.

"No I couldn't! I'm just here shopping for my daughter-in-law! SHE'S the fat one!"

"I don't want your emails! I don't want to get emails from some FAT PEOPLE'S STORE!"

"WHY DO YOU KEEP ASKING IF I WANT YOUR EMAILS???!!!! I DOOOOON'T!!!!!"

Why do I keep pushing you further and further over the ledge? I wish it was because I was teaching you a lesson. But really it's just because I can. And I am enjoying the show.

No comments: